Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions Guidelines - Student, Graduate Users
This is a legal document which affects your rights in relation to the use of the GradConnection Employment Market facility hosted by GradConnection (UK) Limited (Facility). A Student is a student of University College Dublin who uses the Facility to search for Employer data, including details of advertisement campaigns hosted in the Facility. By logging onto the Facility the Student understands and agrees to the Terms and Conditions set out below:
1. University College Dublin does not endorse the employer advertisements, employer campaigns, employer or other information set out in the Facility and does not inspect listings provided on this Facility.
2. It is the responsibility of the Student to satisfy himself or herself as to the integrity and accuracy of the employer advertisements, employer campaigns, or other information set out in the Facility.
3. University College Dublin does not guarantee the suitability of the employer, employer advertisements, employer campaigns, or other information set out in the Facility and University College Dublin does not accept liability or responsibility for any such interactions or communications.
4. University College Dublin provides no warranties in connection with the Facility including but not limited to warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for any particular purpose or non-infringement of third party rights. Subject to the consumer guarantees provided for in the United Kingdom Consumer Law, University College Dublin makes no warranty that:
a. the Facility and/or any information will meet the Student’s requirements; the Student’s access to and use of the Facility will be continuous, timely, secure, or error-free; any errors or inaccuracies will be corrected;
b. the accuracy or currency of the material contained on the Facility; or security of information in the Facility.
5. Neither University College Dublin, nor its employees, agents or contractors will be liable to the Student or any other person for any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from the Student’s use of, or reliance on, the information provided on the Facility.
6. To the extent permitted by law, the Student undertakes and represents that the Student will not make any claims against University College Dublin, and hereby release University College Dublin (and its directors, officers, employees, representatives, contractors, subcontractors and agents) (individually and collectively, the "Released Parties") from any liability in connection with the Students participation in the Facility, however that liability is caused or arises, including liability in connection with any personal injury.
7. Collection of personal data and personal consents and acknowledgements by Student:
a. In this paragraph 8, the term "personal data" has the meaning given in the Data Protection Act 1998.
b. The Student personally acknowledges that University College Dublin will collect the Student’s personal data for the purposes of facilitating the Facility.
c. The Student personally acknowledges that University College Dublin may disclose Student personal data to third parties including (but not limited to) sponsors, joint venture partners, subcontractors or other organisations who provide Facilities to University College Dublin, for the purposes of facilitating The Facility, and the Student consent to such disclosure. The Student personally further acknowledge that University College Dublin may disclose his/her personal data (including medical information) to appropriate medical, paramedical or other personnel as University College Dublin considers appropriate in the case of an emergency, and the Student consents to such disclosure.
d. The Student acknowledge that University College Dublin may use or disclose the Student personal data for the purposes of promotion and marketing unless University College Dublin is notified in writing by the Student that the Student does not wish to receive direct marketing communications from University College Dublin.
8. Facility University College Dublin may, in its discretion, from time to time make changes to the Terms and Conditions. The Student’s use of the Facility will be governed by the most recent Terms and Conditions posted on the web site. By continuing to use the Facility, the Student agrees to be bound by the most recent Terms and Conditions. It is the Student’s responsibility to check the web site regularly for updated versions of the Terms and Conditions.
9. The Student acknowledges that the personal data may be stored overseas or in the ‘cloud’ environment. This means that the data may in some circumstances not be regulated by the Data Protection Act 1998 and in may be located in a jurisdiction which has less stringent privacy laws than United Kingdom.
a. I acknowledge that, if I breach these Terms, then University College Dublin may:
i. refuse to supply the Facility to me
ii. suspend or terminate my access to the Facility, in whole or in part; and/or
iii. take whatever action University College Dublin considers appropriate to recover any loss, damage or expenses that University College Dublin has incurred or suffered as a result of my breach of these Terms.
b. For participants over the age of 18 years:
i. By continuing to use this site, you confirm that you have read these Terms carefully, and understand and agree with their contents.
ii. Participants under the age of 18 years agree that these Terms have been agreed to and accepted on your behalf by a parent or legal guardian.